Friday, June 22, 2012

Sacred Garden



Sacred Garden

As I come to weed my garden
this beautiful Saturday morn
I begin weeding away unwanted growth
I stop and pause at my
Lemon Balm bush,
a familiar friend to me,
coming for a visit
this same time every year.

The beautiful new leaves are popping through
the scent of lemon
all over my fingers,
pulling away the dead wood
from just last years harvest
weeding away all that is no longer needed,
allowing room for new growth,
 renewed freshness,
the gift of renewal and beauty.

I am reminded that my life is that way as well,
there will always be the need to 
be pruned away,
always growing and renewing
with each new season in my own life.
Letting go of unwanted waste
allowing myself and my heart to
 reach towards the sun,
letting go of what is holding me back,
growing into something
new 
and oh so beautiful!