Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Artist Date


Artist Date

I come to this museum
seeking time alone
time to be with my 
artistic self
no one else but me

time to look at paintings
breathe all of it in
time to take some
photos
capturing a memory
never wanting to forget
the images that I have seen

beauty is all around me
portraits
sketches
statues of marble
amazing artifacts
and
 landscape paintings

I feel a sense of wonder
at all the artists here
breathing in their
 vibrations
as I am standing here

I stop to sketch a memory
or write this little poem 
while walking through
the galleries
of this awesome place I am in
pulling out my watercolors
just trying a little vignette 

standing in front of Renoir and Monet
my heart is spilled wide open

renewal in my heart
and mind
quietness alone
I walk the halls of this
beautiful place
not wanting 
anything more

artist date with me, 
myself and I
so cleansing
so peaceful
I walk away renewed
thankful for having 
this gift in time
on a 
Sunday afternoon

~.~.~.~.~.~.~